Just as the Hasinai Indian girl named Angelina extended a "hand of friendship and welcome" to Spanish explorers in 1690, we welcome you to Angelina County, located in the heart of the East Texas pineywoods.
Hot Checks Department
The Angelina County Attorney’s Hot Check Department is a service to help people get money back from those who would steal with a hot check.
The principal duties of Angelina County Attorney's Hot Check Department are to:
- Help County Merchants who have received bad/hot checks.
- Send out letters of notification to those who have signed bad checks to advise them they have ten days to respond.
- Monitor response to notification letters.
- Follow up when necessary with a second/final notice.
- File complaints with County Clerk's office when no response is received to letters of notification.
- Accept restitution for bad/hot checks by mail or in person.
- Ensure that involved merchants receive monies owed to them.
- Maintain open files on bad/hot checks until restitution is made.
Angelina County Courthouse
215 East Lufkin Avenue
1st. Floor, Room 115
P. O. Box 1845
Lufkin, Texas 75902-1845
To Mail Restitution
Angelina County Attorney's Office
Po Box 1845
Lufkin, Texas, 75902