Just as the Hasinai Indian girl named Angelina extended a "hand of friendship and welcome" to Spanish explorers in 1690, we welcome you to Angelina County, located in the heart of the East Texas pineywoods.
Traffic Court Information
Driving Safety Course (Defensive Driving) Information
READ INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY - Failure to do so may void your request.
Under Sec. 143A-2, RMVL, the Court shall defer proceedings and allow you 90 days to present evidence that subsequent to the alleged offense, you have successfully completed a DRIVING SAFETY COURSE approved by the Texas Department of Public Safety, IF;
On or before your appearance date, you enter a plea of NOLO CONTENDERE or GUILTY and present to the court a written request to take the course.
- You have a valid Texas Driver’s License or permit.
- You have not taken the course for dismissal of a traffic citation within 12 months prior to offense date and you submit a Sworn Affidavit to that effect.
- You were not charged with the offense of speeding 25 MPH or more over the posted speed limit.
You send $108.00. You must within 90 days of the issuance of the citation, supply the Court with the DSC CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION. The Court Copy must be sent to the Court. When the Court has accepted the Certificate, the charge will be dismissed. However, IF YOU FAIL TO COMPLY WITHIN 90 DAYS, an arrest warrant may be issued.
You furnished proof of liability insurance to the Court.
Disqualifications for DSC: Hit and run, involved in accident with damage to vehicle, fleeing, reckless driving, CDL violations considered “SERIOUS” in accordance with VCS Art. 6687b-2, Section 26 A thru E.
DRIVING SAFETY COURSE REQUEST AND AFFIDAVIT MUST BE FILLED OUT AND RETURNED TO THIS OFFICE WITH $108.00 AND A COPY OF YOUR INSURANCE BY THE DUE DATE ON YOUR CITATION. BE SURE AND FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS.
YOU MUST APPEAR (CONTACT) THIS COURT, either:
- IN PERSON: ON OR BEFORE the date shown on your citation, OR
- BY MAIL: Complete the Mail Appearance Form below then return it, along with a Money Order or
Cashier’s Check and the citation you were issued, to this court BEFORE the appearance date shown on
- JUVENILES UNDER 17 years of age MUST appear in person with a parent, guardian or proof of
- FAILURE TO APPEAR as indicated above will result in an additional charge for “Violate Promise to
Appear”, and Warrants being issued. The acceptable fine for “Violate Promise to Appear” is $280.00.
NOTICE: Have you been charged with (2) violations? Look at your citation under “violations charged”.
The Safety Course Request and the Plea Form (PDF documents) require Acrobat Reader. Download the program here if you do not have it on your computer. These forms may be filled in online, printed out, and submitted to the Court.