Angelina County’s Commitment To Financial Transparency
Tax payers fund their government and deserve to know how it spends their money and in this spirit Angelina County is committed to providing taxpayers clear and consistent access to financial documents and information. Angelina County believes that financial transparency and accountability are critical components of good stewardship of taxpayer resources. County officials make every effort to open the county’s books to the public and provide a clear, consistent picture on how tax dollars are allocated and spent. To help achieve this goal, financial information is provided online in an easily searchable medium. Angelina County desires to build trust among all constituents by posting financial information online rather than requiring the public to file information requests to obtain such information. Opening the county’s books invites citizens to comment on spending decisions and become involved in the decision-making process which is a key ingredient of democracy.
Technology as a whole has changed the expectations for customer service and government transparency at all levels. In a computer and Internet based society, government can no longer justify the money and time required to print tangible reports. Publishing information online means no postage, no waiting for the mail, real-time documents and worldwide accessibility. This webpage is designed to provide the public with complete financial disclosure. Angelina County posts financial information while still being sensitive to the protection of information deemed confidential by law.
Tax Allocation Graph: The 2018 approved tax rate of .4588 cents assessed a value of $17,038,231 and this graph presents the allocation of that tax revenue between the funds represented.
General Fund Graph: This graph represents the various sources of the budgeted revenue for the General Fund.
General Fund Expenditures Graph: This graph represents the expenditures for the various areas of the General Fund.
The above graphs shows how Angelina County compares to other counties by population, by tax rate and the 10 year county tax rate history. Angelina County’s current tax rate is: 0.45880
- To view or download the current or prior years budgets, please make a selection below:
- To view or download the current or prior years audit reports, please make a selection below:
- To view or download the current or prior years utilities reports, please make a selection below:
Angelina County Investment Reports
- To view or download the current or prior Investment reports, please make a selection below:
- To view or download the current or prior Check reports, please make a selection below:
- To view or download the current or prior Payroll reports, please make a selection below:
Open Records Requests
- To submit a request to the County, please use our Open Records Request page, located here.