The Angelina County Commissioners Court has voted to close all non-essential county offices until March 31. The landfill, the airport refueling station, the county jail, and the juvenile detention facility will remain open.
Information regarding individual departments will be posted here as the information becomes available:
For more Angelina County information on the Novel Coronavirus..Please view our Emergency Management page.
- County Clerks office is temporarily closed to the public until further notice. If you need to communicate, please do it by Phone (936) 634-8339. You may read the County Clerks office public service announcement here:
Mail: Angelina County Clerk
P.O. Box 908
Lufkin, Texas 75902
email @ email@example.com
- County Attorneys office is temporarily closed to the public until further notice. if you need to communicate, please do so by phone (936) 639-3929
Mail: Office of the County Attorney
P.O. Box 1845
Lufkin, Texas 75902
email @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elections Office will be closed to the public until March 31st. If you need any assistance or have any questions, please call us at (936) 671-5117
- Indigent Health Care will be closed until March 30th. However this date could be extended. (936) 634-5431 If you have a fever and flu like symptoms, press 1 for the Corona Virus Hotline. For Indigent Health Care questions or concerns, press 2 and leave a message and a representative will return your call.
- Treasurer’s Office will be closed to the public until further notice with the exception of being open to the public on March 24th from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Texas A&M Agrilife Extension Office will be closed until further notice.
Please check out our Disaster Education Network page for Coronavirus Information and Resources.
If you need information on your agricultural, landscape/gardening, or other natural resource questions, email Cary Sims at email@example.com.
If you have questions about health and nutrition, contact Joel Redus at Joel.Redus@ag.tamu.edu.
If you have a 4-H or youth development questions, contact Ryan Merrel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please check the Angelina County Extension Facebook page for updates.
- Airport fuel office will be open as normal. The Airport Cafe is closed through March 31st.
- District Attorneys office is closed to the public until March 31st. For questions and assistance please call us at (936) 632-5090
- 217th District Court will be closed until March 30th. On that date we will reevaluate the situation. If you have an emergency arise, please call (936) 637-0217
- “With respect to cases in the 159th District Court set for a hearing or a party appearance from March 18, 2020 through April 6, 2020, it is the intent that only telephonic hearings shall be conducted with absolutely no personal appearances. For this reason, Counsel, parties and witnesses are not to appear unless granted prior approval of the Court.
Any proceeding that the Court determines cannot be conducted telephonically shall be delayed and reset at a later date. A formal Notice shall be sent from the Court Coordinator informing you of the status of your hearing or appearance with either a call-in number for the telephonic hearing or the date and time for a rescheduled hearing. “
- Tax Office – Please see their closure and informational documentation here. To Make a Property Tax Payment by Phone: 1-866-549-1010 You will need to provide the bureau code: 9173006 and your property ID#
- Justice of the Peace Precinct 4 hours of operation are Monday-Thursday 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. Use of website, email and telephone are required as a first line of contact with the court. Doors will be secured however appointments are available to assist AFTER FIRST LINE OF CONTACT OPTIONS ARE EXHAUSTED. No more than 2 persons allowed in the lobby or court (BY APPOINTMENT) at any time. MAINTAIN 10 FEET OF SPACE.
- District Clerks office will be closed to the public until March 31st. We will be working efiled documents on a daily basis as usual.
- Angelina County Jail visitation has been suspended until further notice.
- Angelina County Justices of the Peace, Due to Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19), the Justices of the Peace of Angelina County are hereby suspending all non-essential court proceedings until after April 1, 2020. Please refer to Angelina County Justices of the Peace Temporary Standing Order No. 1. Effective 3/17/2020, the Court Will suspend ALL non-essential court proceedings. All scheduled hearings on docket from 3/16/2020 until 4/1/2020, will be reset at a later date. Will NOT accept non-essential filings. Will extend appearance deadlines on tickets. (You may contact the court by phone 936-634-8334 for instructions on electronic appearances and payment of fines. Will not allow more than 1 member of the public in the office at a time.
- Cassels-Boykin Park events scheduled for the pavilion, all camping and the fishing pier are all closed until further notice. The boat ramps will remain open.