Community Supervision (probation) is the lawful practice of the placement of a defendant by a court under a continuum of programs and sanctions, with conditions imposed by the court for a specified period of time.
The primary roles of the Community Supervision and Corrections Department are to promote public safety and to promote lawful behavior by defendants in the community.
Angelina County CSCD Vision Statement
The Angelina County Community Supervision and Corrections Department is dedicated to providing justice and safety in the community Through:
- Utilizing a community corrections approach that is evidence based, community oriented and instills within the individual accountability and responsibility for their actions;
- Developing and maintaining a strong collaborative partnership with all criminal justice and human service agencies involved in the community;
- Supporting all victims by providing restorative justice interventions;
- Encouraging the growth and well being of all staff.
Most offenders in the community under supervision are taxpaying members of society.
The cost of incarceration in prison is about $40.00 per day, while the cost to supervise nonviolent offenders in the community is $2.00 per day.
Offenders supervised in the community pay up to $60.00/month in supervision (user) fees to local departments.
Offenders are required to pay court costs, fines, attorney fees, as well as restitution to the victims of their crimes.
Offenders contribute over 31,000 hours of non-paid labor to local nonprofit agencies through community service.
P. O. Box 908
Lufkin, TX 75902-0908
- Phone 936-634-3976
- Fax 936-639-9847
Community Supervision Officers:
- Michael Bennett (Pre-Trial Diversion Officer)936-633-7638
- Caleb Bunn (Sex Offender/Senior Officer)936-633-6667
- Jessica Burnett (Misdemeanor & Felony Officer/Senior Officer)936-633-7666
- Evy Compean (Misdemeanor & Felony Officer)936-633-7644
- Ruth Contreras (SAFPF & SAFPF Drug Court Officer /Senior Officer)936-633-7655
- Cassey Cox (Intake Assessment Coordinator)936-633-7661
- Chris Harris (Misdemeanor & Felony Officer)936-633-7670
- Cheryl Hester (Indirect Transfer Officer)936-633-7672
- Melvin Hicks (159th Drug Court Officer)936-633-7649
- Paul Levasseur (Misdemeanor & Felony Officer)936-633-7668
- Ireyda Martin (Mental Health Officer)936-633-7660
- Jacque Nash (Intake Assessment Coordinator)936-633-7650
- Elvia Santana (TAIP Coordinator)936-633-7647
- Courtney Weatherly (Misdemeanor & Felony Officer)936-633-7677
- Cara Kilgore936-633-7640
- Michelle Grogan936-633-7654
- Beverly Baker936-633-7664
- Dustin Fore936-633-7646
- Lucy Reyes936-633-7659
- Paly Jackson936-633-7642