The staff of the District Attorney’s Office is committed to serving the citizens of Angelina County. Our goal is to prosecute the guilty, protect the innocent and deter crime, making our community a safer place to live and work. We also strive to obtain justice for the victim, the accused and the community. Most years, more than 1,000 felony cases are filed in Angelina County, ranging from capital murder to drug possession.
The District Attorney:
- Collaborates with law enforcement officers in the review of criminal cases
- Presents allegations of adult felony crimes to the Grand Jury for possible indictment
- Prosecutes all adult felony crimes in the trial court and on appeal
- Provides victim services to those who have suffered from crime
- Represents the State in the forfeiture of assets of drug offenders
P. O. Box 908
Lufkin, Texas 75902-0908
- Phone 936-632-5090
- Fax 936-637-2818
- Janet Cassels – District Attorney
- Stephanie Stroud – First Assistant
- Ashley Yates – Assistant District Attorney
- Jeff Bell – Assistant District Attorney
- Clyde Herrington – Assistant District Attorney
- Bobby Paugh – Victim Assistance Coordinator
The Angelina County District Attorney’s Office directs any and all electronic submissions of Open Records Requests to the web portal on the Angelina County Website located here.
If needed to complete your request, please submit more than one form via the web portal and multiple forms can and will be considered together at your request.