The Angelina County Attorney’s Hot Check Department is a service to help people get money back from those who would steal with a hot check.
The principal duties of Angelina County Attorney’s Hot Check Department are to:
- Help County Merchants who have received bad/hot checks.
- Send out letters of notification to those who have signed bad checks to advise them they have ten days to respond.
- Monitor response to notification letters.
- Follow up when necessary with a second/final notice.
- File complaints with County Clerk’s office when no response is received to letters of notification.
- Accept restitution for bad/hot checks by mail or in person.
- Ensure that involved merchants receive monies owed to them.
- Maintain open files on bad/hot checks until restitution is made.
P. O. Box 1845
Lufkin, Texas 75902-1845
- Phone 936-634-5995
- Fax 936-639-3905
Staff / Email:
- Michelle Kubiak – 936-634-5995
- Emily DeLaFosse – 936-634-5995
To Mail Restitution:
Angelina County Attorney’s Office
Po Box 1845
Lufkin, Texas, 75902