Enforcement of Access Driveway Facilities
Compliance with these regulations will be strictly enforced by the County and the following remedies mat be pursued:
- If any person engages in the construction/repair of a driveway/culvert crossing a county easement or right-of-way without a permit, the Commissioners Court may direct the County Attorney to file suit to enjoin the violation of these regulations.
- If any person engages in the construction/repair of a driveway/culvert in any manner except as specified in the permit issued, the Angelina County Commissioners Court may direct the county Attorney to file suit to enjoin the violation of these regulations.
- If any person engages in the construction of a driveway/culvert crossing a county easement or right-of-way without a permit issued, the Angelina County Commissioners Court may order the landowner to remove/repair the driveway/culvert at the landowners’ expense. [TEXAS LOCAL GOVERNMENT CODE 81.025, 1987 TEX. SESS. LAW, SERV. 1557 (Vernon), provides that the Commissioners Court may punish contempt by the fine not to exceed twenty-five dollars ($25.00), or by imprisonment not to exceed twenty-four hours (24) and in case of fine, the party may be held in custody until the fine is paid.]
- Any person securing a permit under these regulations must certify to the Commissioners Court of compliance of the terms, provisions, and conditions of the permit. Violation of this certification constitutes contempt of Commissioners Court.
- If the Commissioners Court finds a person guilty of contempt, it may enter such orders consistent with general law as it deems appropriate to punish the person guilty of contempt, and may enter such order and further orders enforceable by civil and criminal contempt, and consistent with its authority under general law, as Commissioners Court deems necessary to enforce and protect its jurisdiction over the matter and to uphold the integrity of these Regulations.
- The procedure for contempt proceedings before Commissioners Court will be consistent with procedures in actions before other courts in this state for the enforcement of court orders and for the protection of the jurisdiction of courts by process of contempt; provided, however, that the person shall be given ten (10) days’ notice of said contempt proceeding by certified/registered mail, return receipt requested.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to have the culvert installed and/or contracted out to be installed.
Angelina County will inspect/confirm the proper diameter of corrugated/reinforce HDPE/PE pipe and any special grade requirements. Thereafter, Applicant may hire out culvert installation following the requirements stated by the Angelina County Unit Road & Bridge Department. After installation, it is required the applicant notify the Angelina County Unit Road & Bridge Department for inspection. Angelina County Road & Bridge will replace, as needed, existing culverts installed prior to April 1, 2023. This culvert replacement will terminate on 04/01/2028; thereafter, culvert replacement will be the property owner’s sole responsibility (a permit will be required, at no additional cost).
The undersigned hereby agrees to comply with the terms and conditions as set forth in this permit for construction of an access driveway on a County right-of-way and will hold harmless Angelina County and its duly appointed agents and employees against any action for personal injury/property damage sustained by reason of the exercise of this permit.
By signing this document below, it is agreed that I have received a copy of the “Enforcement of Driveway Facilities”
documentation attached with this permit, and I understand the procedures of this application.