Visitation Schedule for Inmates*
|7:00 P.M.-10:00 P.M.
|2:00 P.M.-5:30 P.M.
|7:00 P.M.-10:00 P.M.
|8:00 A.M.-11:00 A.M.
|6:00 P.M.-7:00 P.M.
|12:30 P.M.-2:00 P.M.
|6:00 P.M.-7:00 P.M.
|1:00 P.M.-2:30 P.M.
* Updated Visitation information is located at the front of the Jail. There are certain rules pertaining to Covid-19 prevention measures in place that must be followed during visitation hours at the jail. (Currently, during Covid-19 safety protocols, each person will be limited to 1 visit per day (within the 3 visits per week) to allow more people to be able to visit on visitation days.)
Visitation is based on first come, first served basis.
Visitors may sign up 30 minutes before visitation starts and must be signed up 30 minutes before minutes before visitation ends.
- Each visitor must produce positive state issued identification. Picture type ID is preferred: However, any verifiable ID such as social security card, birth certificate or other form of ID as approved by the Jail Administrator is acceptable.
- Visits are limited to 20 minutes.
- Inmates can only have 3 visits per week.
- No more than two visitors will be allowed in visitation room at one time, however, within this guideline, the inmate may have several visitors within the twenty minute period.
- Each visitor must be logged into the visitation log by the visitation officer. Anyone not logged in will not be allowed to visit.
- Persons under the age of 17 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Any visitor who brings, or attempts to bring any unauthorized items into the jail may be permanently denied visitation in the Angelina County Jail, and may be subject to criminal prosecution.
- A visit may be denied to any person if there is reason to believe the visit may not be in the best interest of the security and welfare of the jail facility. Vulgar language, gestures, and/or conduct you may direct toward anyone during visiting periods is a violation of rules, and will result in disciplinary action against you.
- All items must be purchased through commissary. i.e. (under garments, shoes, hygiene products, etc)
- Contact visits are not allowed.
- Inmate visitors must conduct themselves in an orderly manner and be appropriately clothed.
- Your attorney and minister will be allowed to visit you, upon presentation of proper identification, at any time, any day of the week. No visits will be permitted during meal time hours.
Note: If there exists any extenuating circumstances that require deviation from any of the above you must submit an inmate request form stating your needs and it will be evaluated.
Please review the list below, strict adherence must be followed.
- ALL VISITORS, 17 YEARS OR OLDER SHALL HAVE TO HAVE VALID DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY STATE ISSUED IDENTIFICATION CARD.
- VISITORS ARE NO LONGER ALLOWED TO PRESENT SOCIAL SECURITY CARD, BIRTH CERTIFIACTE, WORK I.D., SCHOOL I.D., OR ANY OTHER PICTURE IDENTIFICATION CARD EXCEPT THE ABOVE STATED.
- VISITATION SIGN UP WILL BEGIN 30 MINUTES PRIOR TO START TIME AND WILL END 30 MINUTES PRIOR TO END TIME, OR UNTIL LAST SIGN UP LIST IS FULL.
- ALL PERSONS WHO DECIDE TO DISRUPT VISITATION SIGN UP WILL BE ISSUED A 90 DAY CRIMINAL TRESSPASS WARNING
AND ASKED TO LEAVE.
- PLEASE DRESS APPROPRIATE FOR VISITATION OR YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO VISIT AND WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE.
- IF YOU HAVE CHILDREN, PLEASE KEEP WATCH ON THEM AND NOT LET THEM RUN AROUND THE LOBBY; OR YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE.
- LEAVE YOUR PURSES, HANDBAGS, AND CAMERAS IN YOUR VEHICLES OR YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO VISIT.
- MONEY – Money that you had with you at the time you were booked into this facility has been placed in your Inmate Money Fund via the Kiosk machine located in book-in. If you have an outstanding balance from previous jailing’s your account will be debited for that amount at this time. During your stay in jail, all commissary transactions, medical charges and phone card charges will be deducted from your account. When you are released from jail, the balance of money in your fund will be returned to you. If you are sent directly to the Texas Department of Criminal Justice Institutional Division, or to another agency the balance of money in your fund will be released to that agency. At no time will you be allowed to release your money to another individual other than a bonding agency. Money Orders will not be accepted at this facility. Your family and friends can add money to your account using the following:
- COMMISSARY – Various items of food, beverages, stationary items, personal hygiene articles, clothing, shoes etc., are available for purchase from the inmate commissary. Stockpiling of commissary items for resale to other inmates, for gambling or bartering purposes, is strictly forbidden. All property maintained by the inmates in their cell will be stored in a neat and orderly fashion. Inmates who violate this rule will be subject to disciplinary action. All commissary must be entered over the phone by the inmate before Tuesday 10:00 AM. Orders will be passed out on Wednesday. Indigent will be ordered by filling out an Inmate Request Form with name, S.O. #, and indigent written on the form and turned in prior Friday at 8:00 AM. To receive indigent you cannot buy anything from commissary and your balance must be less than 50. All money must be deposited into your account prior to 8:00 AM on Tuesday morning.
You may write anyone as often as you wish, provided your letters do not in any way violate U.S. Postal Service regulations. To send letters, you must do the following:
- show your full name (the name by which you were booked into this facility), cell designation/dorm designation, and address of the facility in the upper left corner of the envelope
- show the name and complete address of the person you are writing, and
- place the envelope for pick up in the morning when breakfast trays are picked up. In the dorm(s) you will five it to the dorm officer. (NOTE: The only envelopes you may seal are those addressed to officials of the Federal officials and officers, including the President of the United States; State officials and officers, including the Governor; bona fide news media and your attorney(s). All such outgoing mail which you seal must be noted by your on the envelope “LEGAL MAIL” (if sent to a court official or your attorney), “PRIVILEGED MAIL” (if sent to a Federal or State Official or bona fide news media). All outgoing mail which is not marked “privileged” or “legal” will be inspected for contraband and is subject to rejection for inflammatory writings, hard core pornography, information regarding escape plans or the manufacture of explosives, weapons, or drugs, solicits the breakdown of jail through inmate disruption, or is detrimental to inmates rehabilitation because it would encourage deviate criminal sexual behavior. Any mail rejected for a reason specified above will be placed in the property box of the inmate who sent it, and may serve as the basis for disciplinary action. Exception of Legal and Privileged mail, letters sent to you will be opened and inspected for contraband, and subsequently delivered to you. Any letter found to contain contraband will be forwarded to the Jail Administrator for the appropriate action. Money which is included with letters will be removed and deposited in your commissary account. Please advise the people who may write to you to do the following:
- Show their name and address on the envelope (any letter without a return address that is not deliverable will be returned to the post office).
- Show your full name (the name by which you were booked into facility).
- Address the letter to you c/o: Angelina County Jail
P.O. Box 114
Lufkin, TX, 75902-0114