Various items of food, beverages, stationary items, personal hygiene articles, clothing, shoes etc., are available for purchase from the inmate commissary. Stockpiling of commissary items for resale to other inmates, for gambling or bartering purposes, is strictly forbidden. All property maintained by the inmates in their cell will be stored in a neat and orderly fashion. Inmates who violate this rule will be subject to disciplinary action. All commissary must be entered over the phone by the inmate before Tuesday 10:00 AM. Orders will be passed out on Wednesday. Indigent will be ordered by filling out an Inmate Request Form with name, S.O. #, and indigent written on the form and turned in prior Friday at 8:00 AM. To receive indigent you cannot buy anything from commissary and your balance must be less than $50. All money must be deposited into your account prior to 8:00 AM on Tuesday morning.
Beginning March 28, 2022, the Angelina County Jail will begin to utilize a new system to process the mail. Non-Privileged Mail (non-Legal) will need to be sent to the following address in the following format:
Angelina County Jail
PO BOX 591
Longview, Texas 75606
The mail service will scan the mail and send it directly to the inmates on the kiosk. There are certain rules and guidelines that are going to be uploaded to the kiosk for the inmates to refer to. Also, effective Monday, March 14, 2022, the Angelina County Jail will no longer be accepting packages mailed to this facility, unless it is a religious document or bible that is mailed directly from a church, Not Amazon. The guidelines for mail are very clear on what’s acceptable in the mail. Please refer to this document for mail rules.
You may write anyone as often as you wish, provided your letters do not in any way violate U.S. Postal Service regulations. For Inmates, to send letters, you must do the following:
- show your full name (the name by which you were booked into this facility), cell designation/dorm designation, and address of the facility in the upper left corner of the envelope
- show the name and complete address of the person you are writing, and
- place the envelope for pick up in the morning when breakfast trays are picked up. In the dorm(s) you will give it to the walk officer. (NOTE: The only envelopes you may seal are those addressed to officials of the Federal officials and officers, including the President of the United States; State officials and officers, including the Governor; bona fide news media and your attorney(s). All such outgoing mail which you seal must be noted by your on the envelope “LEGAL MAIL” (if sent to a court official or your attorney), “PRIVILEGED MAIL” (if sent to a Federal or State Official or bona fide news media). All outgoing mail which is not marked “privileged” or “legal” will be inspected for contraband and is subject to rejection for inflammatory writings, hard core pornography, information regarding escape plans or the manufacture of explosives, weapons, or drugs, solicits the breakdown of jail through inmate disruption, or is detrimental to inmates rehabilitation because it would encourage deviate criminal sexual behavior. Any mail rejected for a reason specified above will be placed in the property box of the inmate who sent it, and may serve as the basis for disciplinary action. Exception of Legal and Privileged mail, letters sent to you will be opened and inspected for contraband, and subsequently delivered to you. Any letter found to contain contraband will be forwarded to the Jail Administrator for the appropriate action. Money which is included with letters will be removed and deposited in your commissary account.
- For family and friends:
- Show their name and address on the envelope (any letter without a return address that is not deliverable will be returned to the post office), as well as the Sheriff’s Office / Booking / Identifying number.
- Show your full name
- Inmate Name
Angelina County Jail
PO BOX 591
Longview, Texas 75606
- All envelopes and mail must include the inmate’s name and Sheriff’s Office/booking/identifying number as well as a return address. Only mail that is within 8.5 inches wide x 11 inches tall will be accepted.
- Mail sent to inmates must contain NO MORE THAN 5 PAGES. Anything that is over 5 pages will NOT be scanned and sent to the inmate and will be returned to the sender.
- All mail that is scanned into the system will be scanned front side only. Do NOT write on the back of pages. Any mail with writing on the back will be returned to sender.
- Inmates may receive a maximum of 1 photo per mailing. If more than 1 photo is mailed, the entire letter and all its contents will all be returned to sender and nothing will be scanned in or delivered to the inmate.
- No legal or medical mail will be accepted. Legal and medical mail must be sent to the facility where the inmate is housed following the Angelina County Sheriff’s Office Mail Guidelines.
- No magazines, newspapers, bulk mail or books will be accepted at PO Box 591, Longview, Texas 75606 and will be returned to sender. These items must be sent to the facility where the inmate is housed following the Angelina County Sheriff’s Office Mail Guidelines.
- Inmates can securely view it on the kiosks or tablets (if applicable) within the Facility.
Once the mail is received for processing it will be scanned in at the central processing location and then will be sent to the inmate electronically via the same messaging system referenced above and the inmate can then view it on the kiosk in their cell. There will be no exceptions for receiving mail that does follow the above guidelines.
For any questions, contact NCIC at www.ncic.com.
How do I receive phone calls from an inmate?
inmates can make outside calls to approved family and friends. No incoming calls can be received except for voicemail messages to approved inmates. Each inmate will be given access to the telephone during the booking process. Telephones for private use are located in each housing area.
Inmate calls (local and long distance) are billed at a per-minute rate, with no connection fees. International calls are also billed at a per-minute rate. Three-way calls are prohibited.
The calling rates for Angelina County Jail are shown below:
|Call Type||Prepaid Collect||Inmate Debit|
|Connection Fee||Per Minute||Connection Fee||Per Minute|
|Intralata / Intrastate||$0.00||$0.16||$0.00||$0.16|
|Interlata / Intrastate||$0.00||$0.16||$0.00||$0.16|
|Interlata / Interstate||$0.00||$0.16||$0.00||$0.16|
|CHARGE / FEE NAME||AMOUNT|
|Remote (Off-Site) Video Visitation||$0.30|
|Mail Scanning Cost to Family and/or Angelina County||$0.00|
|Law Library Cost to Family and/or Angelina County||$0.00|
|Secure Inmate Messaging – Per Message Rate:||$0.25
($0.35 per Attachment)