Just as the Hasinai Indian girl named Angelina extended a "hand of friendship and welcome" to Spanish explorers in 1690, we welcome you to Angelina County, located in the heart of the East Texas pineywoods.
Tax Assessor Collector
Early Voting: Begins Oct. 20, 2014 - Thru Oct. 31, 2014
Hours: 8:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
Monday - Friday
Location: Courthouse Annex (Only)
606 E. Lufkin Ave. Lufkin, Tx
Main Office Location
606 E. Lufkin Ave
Lufkin, TX 75901
Main Office Mailing Address
P. O. Box 1344
Lufkin, TX 75902
Main Office Hours
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Monday - Friday
Main Office Phone Numbers
Phone: (936) 634-8376
Main Office/Ad Valorem Fax Number (936) 634-2690
Auto Registration Fax Number (936) 633-6960
The Tax Assessor/Collector is elected for a four-year term and is the constitutional officer directed to assess and collect all ad valorem tax accounts as identified and valued by the Angelina County Appraisal District. The Angelina County Tax Office collects property taxes for 15 other taxing jurisdictions (6 school districts, 5 cities, 3 Water Districts & for the College) For the State of Texas, the Office collects Vehicle Registration renewals & title fees as well as Beer & Wine permits and renewals. The Angelina County Tax Assessor/Collector also serves as the Voter Registrar and Elections Officer for Angelina County. In addition to the main tax office located at 606 East Lufkin Avenue, there are three full-service tax office substations located in Zavalla, Huntington and Diboll.
Thelma “Midget” Sherman, Tax Assessor-Collector Angelina County has been in the tax office for 32 years. Ms. Sherman received her state certifications as a Registered Tax Collector and then as a Registered Tax Assessor-Collector from the Texas Board Tax Professional Examiners since 2003. Ms. Sherman received her CSTA designation, Certified School Tax Administrator, March, 2011. Ms. Sherman was appointed to office of Tax Assessor-Collector on March 11th, 2008 after being elected to the office in the March Primary 2008.
- Member of Tax Assessor-Collector Association of Texas, where she is currently serving her second term as Vice President External for the Board of Directors. She also has served 1year as Vice President Internal and 2 years as a Director for the Board, on the Regional Coordinating Committee, Education Committee, Public Information Committee, Elections Committee, Membership Committee, Program Committee & the Legislative Committee.
- Member of Texas Association of Counties
- Member of the Texas Association of School Assessors
- Member of the East Texas Lunch Bunch Regional Tax Assessor-Collectors Group
- Non-Voting Member of the Angelina County Appraisal District Board
- Member of Trinity Baptist Church
- Cub Scout “Tiger” Den Leader, Pack 290
- Married to S. Scott Sherman for 36 years, with one daughter, Tammy, and 2 grandchildren Mallorie and Taylor. Hobbies are working with children, crafts, yard work, hunting and fishing with her husband.
Property Tax Payments
Angelina County Tax Office Substations
211 N. Temple Dr.
Diboll, TX 75941
205 Gibson St.
Huntington, TX 75949
8:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
& 1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Billie Page 936-671-5101
Ad Valorem Tax Dept. Supervisor 936-671-5104
Auto Registration Supervisor
Debbie Stephens 936-671-5108
Deputy Voter Registrar 936-671-5117
Deputy Voter Registrar 936-671-5115