Just as the Hasinai Indian girl named Angelina extended a "hand of friendship and welcome" to Spanish explorers in 1690, we welcome you to Angelina County, located in the heart of the East Texas pineywoods.
Angelina County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applications for all persons without respect to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Angelina County is a drug free/tobacco free equal opportunity employer.
Angelina County will be accepting applications and resumes' for the following position:
Angelina County Sheriff's Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Communications Operator.
This position will be responsible for a full range of radio and telephone operational duties in a 24-hour facility. Communications Operators are required to process and prioritize incoming calls for sheriff's office, police, fire, and EMS assistance.
Applicants are required to sucessfully pass a complete background investigation check and successfully complete a pre-employment interview board. Must qualify for and obtain TLETS Terminal Operator certification from the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standards and Education within Twelve (12) months of employment. Previous law enforcement experience is not necessary, but, helpful.
- 21 years of age or older
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
- Must be willing to work shift work and holidays/weekends.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely over the radio and telephone.
- Ability to perform multiple duties simultaneously.
- Ability to make sound decisions using all available information.
- Skills to accomplish tasks in a controlled, effective manner while working under stress.
- Ability to read maps.
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and customers.
- Ability to operate computer systems.
- Abilty to type 35 words per minute(corrected).
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Bilingual skills strongly desired.
- Skill in dealing with the public and other law enforcement personnel.
- Transmits, receives, and relays official mesages via voice radio to agency officers and other law enforcement agency officials.
- Knowledge of FCC laws, regulations, procedures and practices applicable to basic radio-telephone operation.
- Knowledge of emergency dispatching methods using various communications equipment, including CAD or similar equipment.
- Obtain and provide intellegence to officers and agents such as criminal activity, criminal and traffic warrants, driver license, criminal records, vehicle registrations, and status of persons apprehended.
- Exercises sound judgement and ingenuity to provide emergency assistance in incidents posing a threat to the safety of officer/general public.
- Ability to tolerate and react to high stress situations and emergencies and to maintain composure.
- Application forms and detailed job description can be obtained below or picked up at the Angelina County Sheriff's Department, 2311 E. Lufkin, Ave., Lufkin.
- Applications must be filled out and submitted no later than, July 15, 2013.
- Angelina County is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Angelina County is currently accepting applications for the position of:
Officical Court Reporter
217th Judicial District Court
All applicants must be certified in accordance with the requirements of the Texas Supreme Court and competent to perform all duties prescribed by law pursuant to Chapter 52, Texas Government Code. A more detailed Job Description with explanation of essential duties and responsibilities may be obtained from the Office of the Angelina County Auditor.
Salary Range: $40,000-46,000 annually, plus County Benefits.
Application Forms may be obtained at http://www.angelinacounty.net/files/pdf/jobapp.pdf or from the Office of the County Auditor at the Courthouse Annex, 606 E. Lufkin Avenue, Suite 206, P.O. Box 727, Lufkin, Texas 75902, and must be fully completed and delivered to the Office of the District Judges, P.O. Box 908, Lufkin, Texas 75902-0908. Please no telephone calls or personal visits unless contacted for an interview.
Angelina County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We consider applications for all persons without respect to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
JOB TITLE: Food Service Officer
ANNUAL SALARY: With a Permanent Jailer's License:$28,114.00
With a Temporary Jailer's License:$26,041.60
- Escorting inmated to and from their cells the the Food Service are
- Insuring all inmated follow facility rules
- Aid the cooks in food preparation if needed
- Inspect the kitchen area before, during, and after meals for cleanliness and sanitary satisfaction
- Maintaining security with food service tools by accurately invenorying equipment
Hours are Sun Mon Tues from 1am until 9am on one week, and Sat Sun Mon Tues from 1am until 7am on the second week. The weeks simply rotate.
Click here to download an application or you can pick one up from the Jail or the Auditors office.