The District Clerk’s Office is an integral part of the function of the district courts as provided by Article 5, Section 9 of the Texas Constitution. The District Clerk is the registrar, recorder and custodian of all court pleadings, instruments, and papers that are part of any legal cause action in any District Court. There are 2 District Courts, Attorney General Court, CPS Cluster Court and 2 County Courts at Law in Angelina County.
The District Clerk’s Office is the nerve center of the District Courts and all family cases in the county courts at law, the link between the courts and the people, as well as the heart of a large network that provides vital information to other agencies and offices.
Some of the other ministerial duties that the District Clerk performs are:
- Filing and assigning causes of action in civil, criminal, and family matters, including divorces, name changes, serious personal injuries, child support and custody, delinquent taxes, felony indictments, revocations, bond forfeitures, non-disclosures, and expunctions
- Issuing writs, citations, abstracts of judgment, executions, warrants, restraining orders, temporary orders, show cause orders, and subpoenas
- Preparing civil and criminal appeals
- Maintaining exhibits
- Attending trials
- Providing clerical support in courtrooms
- Indexing records
- Performing background searches
- Maintaining permanent records
- Depositing and maintaining funds paid into the Registry of the Court
Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m.
P.O. Box 908
Lufkin, Texas 75902
Beginning July 1, 2015, the Texas Supreme Court requires all Civil, Family and Probate cases to be filed electronically. Angelina County is already live and accepting filings. Please visit www.efiletexas.gov for more information or email email@example.com if you have any questions.
The Public Information Act
Texas Association of Counties : Memorandum
Attorney General of Texas Greg Abbott : Opinion No. GA-0519
Release and redaction of social security numbers under the Public Information Act, section 552.147 of the Government Code (RQ-0418-GA)