YOU MUST CONTACT THE APPROPRIATE COURT
YOU MUST APPEAR (CONTACT) THE COURT on or before the Appearance Date given on the citation, either;
- IN PERSON
- BY PHONE
- BY EMAIL
- BY MAIL
JUVENILES (PERSONS UNDER THE AGE OF 17), Must appear in person with a parent.
NOTICE OF DEFENDANT’S RIGHTS
You have the right to;
Enter a Plea of Not Guilty and request a trial by Judge or a Trial by Jury.
Enter a plea of Nolo Contendre or Guilty and;
(Unless Deferred, this will result as a conviction and report on your record)
- Request a Payment Plan
- Request Community Service
- Request Time Served
- Submit a SSIP – Sworn Statement of Inability to Afford Court Costs and/or Fine
- Request DSC – Driver’s Safety Course
- Request Deferred
Pay the fine in full
- you can do this by mailing a check or money order made payable to the appropriate JP Court
- contact the Court for instructions on paying with a debit/credit card online or by phone
You may get additional instructions on many of these options on the Courts’ website: http://www.angelinacounty.net
EMPLOYEES OF THE JUSTICE COURT MAY NOT GIVE ANY LEGAL ADVICE.
The Government Code of the Texas Statutes prohibits any employee in this office from giving any legal advice:
- 81.101. DEFINITION.
- In this chapter the “practice of law” means the preparation of a pleading or other document incident to an action or special proceeding or the management of the action or proceeding on behalf of a client before a judge in court as well as a service rendered out of court, including the giving of advice or the rendering of any service requiring the use of legal skill or knowledge, such as preparing a will, contract, or other instrument, the legal effect of which under the facts and conclusions involved must be carefully determined.
- 81.102. STATE BAR MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED. (a) Except as provided by Subsection (b), a person may not practice law in this state unless the person is a member of the state bar.
Please do not ask legal advice of any of the employees in the Justice Court Office. If you need assistance, refer to an Attorney.
Thank you for your understanding in this matter